Saturday, August 11, 2007

The stranger at our door

Please pray with us for the stranger at the door. Last night at 3:00a.m. our doorbell rang. I dont know how you are when this sort of thing happens but I usually jump to and try gathering my senses. My body is always ahead by a few seconds, feeling groggy and wondering...am I dreaming, where are my kids, what day is it, whats happening??????

Well when the doorbell rang... I wondered and my heart dropped. As I jumped out of bed and told DH, "someones at the door" the dogs were barking and all of the world seemed to make no sense. I looked out the second story window and saw a young lady running down the driveway, my first thought was...it must be my youth group kids playing one of their games. We are often included in toliet papering, forking, saran wrapping etc when our youth group gets together. Of course this only happens because I have been known to be talked into doing such things to our youth pastor and fellow leaders homes.....all in the name of fun!

As my husband and I made it to the front door I was already realizing, this was not the case tonight. When my husband went out the door this young lady ran back up our driveway and proclaimed that "I know Im your neighbor". He said ok..well what can i do for you and she started crying that we had to save her children...needless to say my heart was racing at this point. I had grabbed the phone and was wondering do I call 911 or do I wait to hear more. Suddenly she starting running down the street, ( she was in pjs and had no shoes on) she was running down the middle of the road into oncoming traffic. When DH came in he said I need to follow her and call the police. He got into the car and drove down the street, he found her a few miles down the street, still running in the middle of the road, almost getting hit by a few vechicles. He had called the police and was trying to calm this young lady down, but she was running and fleeing from something. She ran across the street and started pounding on the window of a house....she broke the window and then grabbed a large piece of glass and ran back into the road. Thank goodness the police arrived at this point....they did draw their guns and tazerers because she refused to put down this shard of glass. She finally dropped the glass and the officers had to wrestle her down...tha whole time she is screaming...."save my children...help my children". As I was on the phone with DH the whole time...I started panicking that she had left "her children" somewhere in our yard, etc. As I was talking to DH I was looking down my driveway at my empty garabe cans that had been left out...due to sheer laziness ...and my heart sank. What kind of world do we live in where my mind actually went to wondering if there was a child in my garbage can.

After DH talked with the police, they thanked him and sent him on his way. He came home and we were both very shaken by the stranger at our door. One does not just climb back into bed and drift off to a lovely place after something like this. I sat just wondering and praying that we had done all that we could. When there is nothing left to do.....I start wondering and start praying.

So please pray with us for this young lady and her childen. We have not heard anything today, but we have brought her before the Lord often. Our world needs Jesus! She needs Jesus! We all need Jesus!

Are there really strangers at our doors?
Please pray!

7 comments:

MelanieJoy said...

Wow...I hope you hear something from her. I'll be praying. Humm
strangers at our door that are our neighbors~ needing Jesus.
Hope your meeting went well today.

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...how scary that must have been. Do you think she was on drugs? Hope you find out more. If so, update us.

I'll send up some prayers for her too.

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, I feel so sorry for her. Honestly, I'd be very inclined to call the police and tell them the situation... and see if they'll give you some info.

Annie said...

How frightening!
I will pray for her too.

Angela Baylis said...

That is VERY scarey! Who is DH? She does need some prayers... and I mean quickly!!!

Shelly said...

Oh ... my ....

My heart is racing just reading this. Do keep us posted on anything you hear...

Wow...come Lord Jesus. Come!

Jackie said...

I am a lurker on your blog- but I ahd to comment. I will be praying for this young lady. How sad that she was that desperate to have to go to those measures. I pray that she meet Jesus and that His love can fill her beyond measure and that her children (wherever they are) can know God's love and mercy.