Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blessings of a vacation

This was our sight each morning heading out the front door!
God is awesome!
His creation is to be marveled at each day!
We are just returning from our vacation in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
We had a wonderful time!
Chris and I went out early, we had a few quiet days before our boys came out.
It was the perfect combo...alone time and family time.
I thank God for what He can do in our rest and relaxation, how He can restore our souls in the quietness of His creation and in the beauty of each day.

Here are a few pictures from our trip:

The boys with their toys!





Christian and I getting ready to head out on our daily walk.
Lake Geneva has a walking lakeshore path that goes around the entire lake, it is 21 miles long and it shows off the beauty of each house and property.


Papa, Daddy and Christian all sitting on the dock,what are they watching you ask?


Uncle Loren, who was trying to perfect .....the belly flop


Christian loved floating not flopping!


And this you just have to love, (please excuse the adorable bare bottom) Christian waving "Hi" to daddy!

And although it does look like it, he is not on the dock alone...papa is within arms length just outside of the shot!

We had an awesoome time!!!!

6 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh I love me some jet skiing!

And I LOVE the last picture! :) How precious is that! I'm glad you got to get away for some rest!

Angela Baylis said...

Oh, Stacey!

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I so wish we could have joined you guys! The pictures are adorable! Lincoln would have loved to compete in the "belly flop" competition!

And Christian... what can I say? He is SO cute!!!

I don't even want to hear about the walk around Lake Geneva... my favorite part!

Next year!!! I want to go!!!!!
I love that you are a blog siesta so you can share your life with all of us!!!
Love you!

MelanieJoy said...

What fun!!! Glad you were able to get away!
Your last comment on my blog was so spoken from the heart. It is so refreshing for me to have someone understand the sheer passion I've found in this area ministry. I am having some trouble finding a place to work and provide for myself financially (as a single) in this field. But I know God has brought me here and he alone will provide for me. I don't wish to have an identity in this place but to glorify His Name while in this place. We just finished VBS and God sent two little autistic ones "out of know where". They had know idea we had a special needs team and were over joyed that there was a place for their kids. I think God may be using the blog land for us a platform to get the word out about a new ministry field within the church!!! How exciting!!!!!
God bless you Sweet Sister
I would like to exchange emails mine is grandaddysbluejeankid@hotmail.com
(what can I say I was my Grandaddy's girl :)

Justabeachkat said...

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a wonderful and restful time. I loved seeing the photos...Christian is adorable...love that last photo.

Hugs!
Kat

Tonja said...

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It is always great to meet like-minded friends in the blog world. Thank you for your kind comments. I decided when I started my blog, that I would always be just ME...no trying to hide my flaws. And, as you can see, going to the dentist brings out the worst in me! And as an adult, I know that...and I know it's silly, and I know it's got to be done. But, the little girl still inside is shouting, "HELP, get me out of here!" My 3 boys have never had a fear of going, I made sure of that!

Well, beautiful pics of your vacation. All your 'men' are so handsome! And, loved your photo 'at the end'.

Please visit again...

Blessings,

Tonja

MelanieJoy said...

Hey, come over and check out my last post...see ya there.