Monday, September 24, 2007

God is so good

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
I have been so bad about posting...and keeping up with my blog land sisters. Please know that just because I'm not finding time to post..I am keeping up and lurking around your sites!

So I thought I would update you all on whats happening with my job situation. GOD IS SO GOOD! Can I get an ALL THE TIME! Shortly after I took my leave of absence, our good friends Mark and Mary, came to me and asked if I would be willing to help them out. How, you ask? Well about a month prior to my leaving the working world, they had moved their mother into their home, Gloria is 81 and is suffering from Alzheimer's. So they were looking for someone to care for her part-time while they are at work. They had been searching and interviewing people during the summer trying to prepare things for when Mary goes back to work (she is a 6th grade teacher at our private christian school....she taught my boys, who are best friends with her son...but that's a whole different post.) They were struggling with finding someone they felt they could trust and someone who would care for Gloria as they do when they are here. When what should happen! I tell them one night over dinner that I'm not going back to work and they both looked at me like I had three heads.

So my new job is working for Mark and Mary, caring for Gloria! Like I said, GOD IS SO GOOD! Let me say, this job is much less stressful and I actually feel bad being paid for spending time with Gloria. But God has provided, for not only me and my job but for Mark and Mary. I often wonder...is this where God wants me? And all I know is that for now...this is exactly where he wants me! I am thankful that He can use me and that He had this planned long before any of us were aware of it!

7 comments:

Tonja said...

Hi Stacey,
So nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Isn't that "stuff" at Michael's horrible? It makes my skin crawl.

So glad things have worked out for you with a job. God has a way of just stepping in and fixing it all, doesn't He? I wonder how many blessings we miss because we try to fix things and go our own way instead of waiting on Him? I know I am guilty of that too many times.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Blessings,

Tonja

Shelly said...

Sweet friend,

It does my heart good to join you in praising Him. Yay for His faithfulness! Glory :)

Angela Baylis said...

You are right, siesta! God has you exactly where He wants you! Gloria will be blessed by spending time with you!

Get some pictures of some of the fun you are having and share them with us!
Thanks for the update ;)

Love you-
Annie xoxo

Jenny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Stacey, happy fall tv season :)God bless!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! God is good ALL THE TIME!

Patty said...

How awesome of God to provide for you and place you in a new season in your life!! You can get all the time God is good from me !! :o)

Have a blessed week.

Justabeachkat said...

Our God is so awesome!

Hugs!
Kat