Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall T.V.


We'll it must officially be fall. It is that time when all my favorite shows start. I actually claim to not watch a lot of television but as excited as I am for all the season premiers, that might not be completely true.

Tonight of course is the kick off for House. I enjoy the show but also go between never wanting someone like House to be my Doctor and only wanting someone like House to be my Doctor.

Wednesday, will be America's Next Top Model and Project Runway. Anyone with a teenage daughter can easily get sucked into these shows. It is considered time for just Ally and I. Both shows are great for discussions on everything from fashion...to body image...to worldly views...to how we would handle situations.

Thursday of course is Grey's Anatomy. Which is another show Ally and I watch together.

Of course all my men claim that our shows on Wednesday and Thursday are "girly" shows, but guess what, most nights they are asking to watching with us or wanting to know "who got kicked off?" Unlike their shows on Mondays, Prison Break, 24 and Monday Night Football. I very rarely ask what Jack Bauer is up too...or what kind of trouble the prison brothers are into. And of course I usually will only inquire about my favorite team on Monday night. Go Packers!!!

6 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I do like House, but I have never seen the other shows. I've heard America's Top Model is good, but I'm never home on Wednesday nights! Maybe I should get into Grey's Anatomy this year. I may have to call you to get the update! Enjoy your time with Ally! Make some popcorn! I wish I had Meghan home to watch the "girly" shows! Go Lions! How about John Kitna? He's a Christian and not afraid to tell the whole world!

Kristen said...

Ah how I enjoy my TV time. I had to laugh at the "girly show" comment - my husband is now into Project Runway! Hee Hee!

I think it's marvelous that you are using these types of shows to discuss important issues w/ your daughter.

Enjoy!
Kristen

PS: Go Colts - I had to add that! ;)

Justabeachkat said...

Darn, I missed House! With my company here and lots going on, I forgot all about it.

Can't wait for Grey's Anatomy though.

Hugs!
Kat

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

oh no i missed it!!! i love me some house!!!

hey watch survivor tongiht! Leslie is one of my friends!!

thanks for stopping by - leigh

Annie said...

Me & Amanda (oldest daughter) watch those two shows on Wed. too. Well, we tivo them and watch them later in the week, but they are 'our' shows! It's good to have new programs on again. My hubbie loves project runway too by the way.

Tonja said...

Now, I do love HOUSE! One of the best shows on T.V. What did you think about the new one? Quite a twist at the end, huh? Don't you feel sorry for those interns he had in the classroom?
This is a show Alex and I love to watch together. Also, we love LOST. But it doesn't come back till Feb.