Friday, September 28, 2007

Happy Birthday Loren

Today is Loren's 19th Birthday!

What a gift for me, he has always been. Loren is my middle child, my easiest baby, my peacemaker, my compassionate boy. Loren is loved by everyone, he's the life of the party. He loves his family and friend and he loves Jesus!

Since he's away at school, we will be celebrating his birthday next weekend when he is able to come home for the weekend. But today Christian and I were able to go up and spend the afternoon with him in between classes. We took a few gifts to him, his favorite....the Oatmeal Scotchies and Chocolate Chip cookies I made for him! We went to lunch and we did a little birthday shopping (as much as possible with boys.) We also stopped at Aldi's where we were able to refill the freezer/fridge with all his favorites: Sausage Egg Muffins, Hot Pockets, Corn Dogs, Frozen Pizzas and Soda. I know not the healthiest but he's a college student. Then we took Christian to the park that is only a couple of blocks from his house. Loren and Christian have always been in the same Mutual Adoration Club. Here are a few pictures of all the fun we had.


Loren and Christian walking up the steps the 100th time
One more time....Please (Peas)....Uncle Loren
Going down all by myself
Ya gotta love the tube slide

On our way home Christian was sound asleep...or so I thought. When we were stopped in traffic I turned around to take his picture...he just looked so peaceful. Well as quick as my flash popped up so did his eyes!!!!! Doesn't he just look sleepy? Who needs a nap anyways? Well this Gigi did!

What a great day we had! What a great son I have. I thank God everyday for Loren and look forward to seeing all the awesome things God has planned for him!
Happy Birthday Loren! I Love You!

6 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

AWE... What other college kid would want to go to the park with his nephew on his birthday? Loren is a special nephew to me and I am so happy that we've been so close! I love you, Loren... (if you ever read this blog!)

Seems like yesterday that it was Loren having so much fun at the park!

Thanks for sharing your day with us!
Love you-
Annie xoxo

Aunt Angie said...

Today is also my niece Valaree's birthday #15!!! So happy Birthday Loren too!!!
You have an awesome blog! Thank you for your visit to me! Now, can you please pass me an Oatmeal Scotchie??????
I am glad to meet another "house" watcher!! Can't resist it! Well, actually, I am not an addict.....
heehee
Be blessed-it is wonderful to meet you!

Tonja said...

Any college age young man who enjoys spending time with a little one is tops in my book! You've raised a good one there! Happy Birthday to Loren. And cudos to you, Mom!

Unknown said...

Awwww! What a fun day! Oh, and Aldi Rocks...gotta love it when you can get a full cart of groceries for $60.00! Especially for college students!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday to Loren!!!
Such sweet pictures too.

Jill said...

How fun. It looks like the weather was just perfect for some time at the park. I became an aunt when I was in 4th grade and my heart just overflowed with love for my nieces and nephews. They are married now and in their mid and late 20's. A lot of the things I use now as a mother I learned from being an Aunt first.