Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our Christmas Picture

I love getting a good picture of my kids.....not sure this is one of them, but its the best we have! Every year its the same thing, I warn them ahead of time, we complain, we balk, we complain some more and then the day is here. So this year I tried making it easier, usually I tell that what color to wear, etc this time I only prefaced it with..please comb your hair. Our main problem this year was a crabby almost two year old, who had fallen asleep in the car and wanted nothing to do with sitting for a photo...especially without his pacifier that he gets only when he sleeps! So we had to try a few "different" things! This was the big hit, because I was standing on a chair and Papa was standing beside me acting goofy! That of course would have been the picture to have. Of course when I told my all and almost grown kids to lay on the floor...they wanted to cry and you would have thought they would need a pacifier....but because they are such good sports and because Christian was going with it, they went along. So Merry Christmas once again...another "photo shoot" is done!!!! Yeah!



9 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I just LOVE the picture! You are getting SO creative, dear siesta! I can't wait to see it as your Christmas card! I wish we had taken a "fun" one!

Thanks for your sweet, encouraging words today! I can't tell you how much that means to me.
Love you,
Annie xoxo

In His Grip said...

New to blogging and landed on your page. clicked on the picture and laughed. I took the exact same picture of my kids on Thanksgiving! i love it-great looking family.
Lisa J

MelanieJoy said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

Jill said...

Everyone looks like they're having a great time. Love it!

Angela Baylis said...

I think you should just go ahead and send me this one in the mail... so I can put it on my fridge! :)
Love you and looking forward to seeing another post soon!
Love you,
Annie xoxo

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! Sorry I haven't stopped by in awhile. It's been c-r-a-z-y around my house...decorating, shopping, wrapping, etc., plus I was out of town for the weekend.

What a cute photo! Love it!


Hugs!
Kat

Fran said...

I'm so glad you came by my blog!!
I have loved seeing the name "Given Grace" in blogland and to now have your darling family picture in my mind!! Y'all are adorable and what a super fantastic idea. I used a picture for our card from a football game we went too! :) Nothing fancy and we sure weren't dressed like Christmas! I think those can be the best!!

I'll be back again. Have a great day!
Blessings~
Fran

JeanMac said...

So beautiful.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I came over from Ang's blog. I love this picture. It's wonderful! Looks like so much fun, too.