Thursday, December 6, 2007




As Christmas approaches I always get filled with so many feelings, some are the obvious feelings...the excitement as we prepare to celebrate Our Saviours birth, the joy of being with family and friends, watching our children and grandson as we celebrate and the thank fullness for all the season brings. But another area is going to the mailbox and getting our Christmas cards, I love hearing from family and friends, catching up on what is happening in their lives. But even more special are the cards we receive from our foster kids and their new families. We maintain contact with alot of our kids throughout the year, but with some we wait on that Christmas letter to come, usually with lots of pictures!!!

So as they have started to arrive, I thought I would post a few very special stories throughout this Christmas season. My mind has been stirring with lots of ideas! Foster parenting has been an area in our lives for 15 years where God had shown us so much of His love and His faith fullness..and so much of His Sovereignty!


Without going into to too much of one story, which I will share, would you please pray with us that we would recieve a Christmas card from one of our kids, K. As I've been thinking about Christmas and of the true meaning, this would be one of the best gifts I could recieve! And it would truly be another gift that was sent from above! Gifts of books, clothes, iphones, and such do not compare to what this one letter would mean to me!



5 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

I'm praying, Stacey. You guys have such tender hearts for these kids. You have kept them long enough to fall in love with them, then send them on their way. You have given them unconditional love and I just know they saw Jesus when they were with you! I pray you'll get the gift you desire most!

Much love,
Annie xoxo

p.s. You'll get our card soon!

Annie said...

I'm praying too!

Justabeachkat said...

I'll life you up in prayer! I sure hope your wish and prayer comes true.

Christmas hugs!
Kat

MelanieJoy said...

Stacey,

You guys are amazing. I have enjoyed "meeting" you and getting to know you. I just can't imagine how special you must be to those kids that have come through your lives. I hope and pray you get that special card you are waiting on! Blessings....
How's your mom?

Tonja said...

Then that is what my prayer will be. Im sure this request must have lots of history behind it...and it sounds as if this is heart tugging for you. I pray that our prayers will be answered.