Wednesday, January 2, 2008

16 Years Ago

This article appeared in the Farmington Observer on January 2nd, 1992!

Allyson M. K. came a little late for the tax man. But the wait earned her the distinction of being the first baby born this year in Farmington Hills.

"We were kind of thinking we didn't get the tax deduction, we didn't get the first born (in the country) but we got a healthy little girl with 10 fingers and toes." said proud dad C. K. "I think were the luckiest!"

Allyson was born at 10:00a.m. on Jan. 2 at Botsford General Hospital. Born five days before her due date, the little seven pound bundle was doing plenty of sleeping Thursday afternoon in anticipation of a visit from her two brothers, Christopher,4, and Loren 3.

Stacey started her contractions about 10:30p.m. on New Years night, and the couple headed to the hospital about 4a.m. Thursday morning. Although Chris and Stacey shared the other two births, this time dad got to cut the umbilical cord.

"It's a whole different feeling having a little girl," said Chris, a sales manager with N A S Co. "Of course I love my boys, but this is very special. She's going to be spoiled."

The family prepared for Allyson's arrival by sharing the experience through"It's My Baby, Too" class, where her two brothers visited Botsford and toured the maternity ward and learned about the hospital.

The K's have delivered all their children at Botsford and said several of the nurse's remembered them from previous births. "They're all great here," Chris added.

Well here we are 16 years later! It is so hard to believe that our baby is 16 today!

My how time flies, I remember "older moms" telling me how fast it would go...and I remember thinking, they're crazy I will never be out of sleepiness night, diapers, bottles and teething....but oh my gosh here I am, here we are. I'm now the older mom and our baby is now in driving, wearing make up and talking to boys.

God has given us such a gift. I am so glad that He chose Chris and I too be Ally's parents!

I am so excited to see what the next 16 years will bring us all. And just as I enjoyed the last sixteen I am going to enjoy each moment that we are given in the next sixteen, not that we won't have those bumps in the road....only this time it might be something like arguing about clothes instead of spilt milk or a fender bender instead of a lost pacifier and as far as the sleepiness nights....once the dating starts I'm sure we'll be back to those nights!

Happy Birthday Ally! We love you!

8 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Happy Birthday to Ally!

16 years fly by, don't they?!

Happy New Year! I wish many many blessings for you in 2008.

Hugs!
Kat

nancygrayce said...

Happy Birthday Ally! Oh, yes, the years fly by! I'm not sure the sleepless nites ever end.

God bless you all in this new year!!!

Angela Baylis said...

happy birthday,ally! You are one loved sweet sixteen year old! You are turning into an amazing girl who makes us all proud! Enjoy your birthday week! Love you, aunt annie

JeanMac said...

What a nice post!

MelanieJoy said...

Awwww how sweet! Love the picture.

Unknown said...

She is beautiful! :)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Ally. What a neat story of your birth. Hope your year ahead is filled with wonderful things.

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Ally!

What a beautiful daughter you are and your mom obviously loves you to pieces.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Fran
TN