Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Hoopla




My friend Melanie from Melaniejoy has tagged me for this Christmas "hoopla", here are the rules.....


1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas


2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word


3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this"if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.


4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.


1. On Christmas Eve we always open one gift....our new pajamas.


2. I always make Peanut Butter Balls (Buckeyes) for Christmas.


3. I'm usually in a Cookie Exchange with my sisters and friends.


4. Our family goes out to eat on Christmas Eve night after church, we usually end up at the Olive Garden.


5. I love white lights. We put them on our trees and in the garland on the banister, on the mantel, anywhere!

6. I love Nativity scenes, my favorite is my Willow Tree one. Of course now they have a new one...its on my list.


7. We always take a photo for our Christmas card. Some years have turned out better than others.


8. I remember the year I got my Mrs. Beasley doll for Christmas...I still have her.


9. Our first Christmas, when we were expecting my doctor gave us a envelope with the sex of our baby on it. We put it on the tree....but we opened it right away. What a great gift.


10. As a kid I remember being told that at midnight on Christmas all the animals talk. I use to try to stay awake just to hear what my dog would say.


11. We always play the white elephant pirate game with some friends, we search for months for just the right gift.


12. I love Christmas...the fact that Christ came as a baby, born in a manger, born to seek and save the lost! His hands went from an infant to the hands that were nailed on the cross. Praise God for all He was and all He is.


I am tagging my sister-in-law Angie at By Faith....Ang Baylis, but if you'd like to play along please do. Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

Thanks for making me slow down today! I did it! :)
Have a great Sunday!
Love you,
Ann xoxo

Angela Baylis said...

p.s. I want a Mrs. Beasley doll for Christmas! Perhaps Lincoln can find me one? I need to make some Buckeyes, too! I want one right now! Still waiting for my Christmas card!
;)
I love the picture you added!

nancygrayce said...

I REMEMBER the animals talk at midnight thing! I tried to stay up too! But of course then if you did, you might not get any presents....so forth and so on, but thanks for reminding me!

Annie said...

Fun list!
Thanks for keeping us in your prayers during this crazy ice storm! I'm excited to run out and finish up my Christmas shopping and get things done!
Have a great Monday!
blessings~
Annie

Fran said...

I loved reading this!! And that grandsons picture on the sidebar?!!
I know you just eat him up. He is the cutest kid ever....non related of course!

Merry Christmas~
Fran

MelanieJoy said...

GET OUT.....I can't believe you had a Mrs. Beasley doll!! You are the first person I've ever heard mention her. I had one to- still have her. Ok, I was always a tom-boy so for me to play with a doll was rare. However, Mrs. Beasley was drug around so much my Grandaddy would have to keep sewing her head and hands on. One day he finally just STAPLED her head on...laughing my head of but it's true.
I LOVED your list! So glad we've met this year!