Friday, December 21, 2007

First night of Christmas break

Well the kids are all home for Christmas break!! What fun!! It feels like the old days with the boys and all their friends over all the time. I have missed all the boys, I've missed the endless raiding of our refrigerator, the endless gym clothes after basketball games and working out, the wet clothes from football in the snow, and of course the wet towels from the hot tub after. The messy rooms, the extra laundry, the loud t.v., the spontaneous break outs of wrestling, the late nights....I really have missed it all. The things I have missed the most are the hellos...the Hi Mom, I'm home...the Hi Mama K...the hugs...the thanks for the dinner....the goodbyes and good nights...the hugs and the laughter! It's so nice to have them home!

This picture was the first night of break, the boys were heading to The Milwaukee Bucks game! They had Executive seats, fourth row...so they decided to wear their suits and ties. Aren't they handsome young men! Mine are the two short ones.

Well if you have kids or grand kids returning from college, the military, from out of state or just visiting...enjoy them and love them! And if your kids are little...enjoy them and love them too. Because believe me...they grow up way to fast. Before you know it, you are dreaming of days gone by. So enjoy your Christmas and thank God for wherever He has you right now!

5 comments:

Jean said...

Cherish these years! I really, really miss them. Now most of our children live far away, are tied to jobs or big home improvement projects, or a Navy assignment,etc and only two of our seven children will be here for Christmas. I know that's normal for small families, but for us, when there are only two here, that means five are not here. And I'm feeling a little sad.

meghan williams said...

Handsome, very handsome! Enjoy the chaos! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Love you,
Ann xoxo

Fran said...

Being a momma to 3 boys, I dream of what these future Christmas's will be like....it makes me sad in a way, but I get excited thinking about who they will become!

And, I will enjoy mine to pieces.
You do the same.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Fran

nancygrayce said...

What handsome boys! I know you're having fun! Merry Christmas and thanks for the continued prayers!

Justabeachkat said...

I wish for you and yours the merriest of Christmases filled with family, love, food and fun and many memory making moments.

Christmas hugs sweet friend!
Kat