Thursday, July 26, 2007

Livin the Dream

"LIVIN THE DREAM" is the theme for this summer...per my 15 year old daughter, Ally! God has given my daughter an awesome heart for serving. "Livin the dream" for her is being able to go to Bible Camp and serve. She loves being at camp working as a counselor, in the kitchen, in the dish room, teaching Frisbee golf, taking kids creek stomping, cleaning cabins and bathrooms..you name it and she's happy doing it! So, I am heading out...heading to Iowa, to take her back to camp tomorrow, where she will stay for the next four weeks. I miss her so much when she is gone but I just love watching her grow in her faith....and putting her dreams and beliefs into actions. Her life verse at the moment (which is written across her bedroom mirror) is Philippians 2:14 and 15 Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God, without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars! She is an awesome young lady who is shining so bright!

5 comments:

Angela Baylis said...

What an amazing girl! And to think... this isn't the first time she's done this... this has been her idea of Summer (& Christmas break) for YEARS! And it's true... she LOVES it and is smiling all the time! Isn't she supposed to be a selfish teenager? I don't think so! She makes us all so proud!
Much Love,
Annie xoxo

pinkmommy said...

Wow, what an awesome life verse for a teenager to have! I pray my daughter will have the same attitude when she gets older!

MelanieJoy said...

For a mom I believe "Living the Dream" would be to have a child with a servants heart. Ally- sounds like an exceptionally amazing--maturing young lady. I've worked with a lot of teens and not sure I've ran across one yet with such ambition for serving Him. You must be so proud of her.

Paula said...

Hey we're the same age and I have a daughter named Ally too, she's 18 and about to make me a Grandma.

Justabeachkat said...

Stacey

I can see why you're so proud. Ally sounds like she knows what she wants and she's going for it with God's help. What a blessing she is for not only her family, but so many others. I love her verse. I'm gonna "borrow" it for my verse this week.

Hugs!
Kat