Friday, July 20, 2007

Welcome Emily Ann






Today we celebrated the adoption of Emily Ann into our family! After a year and a half its official. She joins my sister Stephanie and Mark's family.....Erica 25, Aaron 23, Parker 20, Joshua 7 and now Emily 1. Have you ever been used by God for what you thought was one reason only to later see things through His bigger picture and get a tiny glimpse at how magnificent His plan is! Emily is proof to that! Chris and I had done foster care for years and my family was always very supportive and somewhat intrigued. My sister and I had many conversation about foster care and the need for more families, etc. After we had been fostering for about 8 years she said I think Mark and I are ready to try foster care. The accepted their first placement and he has never left. They adopted Joshua seven years ago and today they welcomed his sister into their forever family. Sometimes I look back and just wonder, was that Gods plan all along...did we do foster care to help bring Josh and Emily home. God is in control and I truly believe that He orchestrates our every move for His purpose and for His glory. I would feel truly honored to play a part in any plan God has! How awesome that He would use us!









1 comment:

Angela Baylis said...

She is absolutely beautiful! God never ceases to amaze me and it's so cool how He worked things out! (Rom 8:28). The neatest part for me during all of those years when you guys had the foster children was that you NEVER took any credit and you ALWAYS turned it to be about God and NOT you!!! What an inspiration it has been! It probably helped prepare you all for your grandson, Christian as well! You were never out of diapers!

You were obedient to God's will & now your sister is too! I just think it's awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the picture of your beautiful niece!